Don’t Neglect Your Home’s Gutters!
Home maintenance has a prominent spot on most of our to-do lists. HVAC tune-ups, plumbing checks, and pool cleanings are all yearly occurrences. As you gear up to schedule all these home maintenance tasks, don’t forget about gutter cleaning and repair! It’s easy to let your gutters fall by the wayside. After all, you likely forget they’re even there until you find a problem. To avoid potential obstructions and future issues, it’s always a good idea to request gutter cleaning from Bellantoni Landscape. We offer our top-notch services to residential and commercial customers across Westchester County, NY.
Why Gutter Cleaning Is Crucial
Gutter cleaning might not be the most pressing item on your to-do list, but it’s crucial that you request service sooner rather than later. Here’s why regular gutter cleaning is in your best interest:
- Protect Your Walls: Gutters divert rainwater away from exterior walls. Without effective drainage, you could soon end up with water-damaged shingles, soffits, and fascia.
- Save Your Foundation: Gutters filled with dirt and debris mean that rainwater will head straight to the foundation. When water damages the foundation of your home, it can compromise its structural integrity.
- Preserve Your Roof: Clogged gutters mean that standing water can’t escape from your roof. If water is left to sit on the roof, you’ll likely have to deal with rotted materials and a weakened structure later on.
Types of Gutters that Need Cleaning
No matter what type of gutter you have on your property, periodic cleaning is a must. Our team is well-versed in all the main types of gutters, and you can rest assured that we’ll have yours spick and span. Look to us when you need these types of gutters cleaned:
- Half-round gutters
- K-style gutters
- Custom-designed fascia gutters
Our Gutter Cleaning Process
While gutter cleaning might seem straightforward, it’s actually a detailed, multi-step process. Our professional team will ensure that every base is covered until your gutter is spotless. The process might look a little different depending on the size of your home, but you can expect these steps:
- Debris Removal: Before we clean out your gutters, we’ll remove any leaves, sticks, twigs, and other debris from the roof and chimney. Once the roof is clear, we’ll remove large pieces of debris from the gutters themselves.
- Gutter Flushing: Now that the major obstructions are gone, we’ll flush the gutters to eliminate any smaller particles and debris. Our team uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure we don’t miss a spot!
- Testing: Before wrapping work for the day, we’ll test the downspouts to make sure all the debris is gone. Should we find an obstruction, we’ll repeat the second step and flush the gutter until it’s clear.
- Cleanup: Gutter cleaning can be messy work, and oftentimes, there’s debris left over in the yard. But never fear—our team will be sure to remove any excess debris. We’ll leave your gutters and your lawn spotless.
How Often Should Gutters Be Cleaned?
The general wisdom is that gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year. However, if your gutters are near pine trees or foliage that creates lots of debris, you might need them cleaned as often as every three months. The Bellantoni Landscape team can let you know when your next cleaning should be.
How Much Does Gutter Cleaning Cost?
Good news! Gutter cleaning services are very affordable. Cleaning the gutters on a smaller home might cost under $100. A home with more square footage or multiple floors will likely cost another $100 or so. When you get in touch with Bellantoni Landscape, we’ll make sure you’re well aware of the costs before you sign off on the cleaning process.
Reach Out to Us to Schedule Service
Whether you’re scheduling gutter cleaning for the first time or it’s time for your second-annual appointment, don’t hesitate to contact Bellantoni Landscape. We’re proud to have helped so many residents of Westchester County protect their homes and businesses. Ask us about our additional landscaping services!