Difference Between Landscape Design & Architecture
Should You Hire a Landscape Designer or Architect?
If you are looking to update the landscape around your home, consider a designer or an architect. But how do you know which one to hire? Well, the answer to this question is in what you are looking to have done around your property. The answer also resides in their titles; a designer designs and an architect builds. You will also need to know the difference if you are planning to join either line of work. Bellantoni Landscape wants to help our neighbors and friends in White Plains, NY better understand these two professions, so you can make the right choice and have the most beautiful yard possible.
If you have any other landscaping questions or requests, please feel free to reach out to us to get the answers you need. We have helped many over the years get the yard they desire quickly and within budget. Using our knowledge and experience, we promptly develop your plan of action and then put it into place. You will have flowers, bushes, and trees to love for many years to come. It is also a wise investment as it adds curb appeal to your home’s value should it come time to sell.
Why Would You Need a Landscape Designer?
When you are ready to create a floral masterpiece on your property, it may be a good idea to hire a landscape designer. You might think you could plan it out yourself, but there are many aspects of the gardening project you may not consider, and they can offer their professional opinion. They can provide their eye for design to make your yard the talk of the town. Having a pro by your side will make the overall project go smoother and quicker. They can take your ideas and formulate a plan for the project to help make sense based on your style preference. Landscape designers also often have great connections to high-quality landscape architects. Below are some of the other reasons you may want to consider hiring a landscape designer:
- Project Management: From start to finish, it is good to have a professional by your side, helping ensure everything is on task. And if there happens to be a problem mid-construction, they are there to help you with pivotal decisions.
- Build Your Budget: It’s always fun to think of how you want your property to look, but does it fit the budget? With a landscape designer, they can help you create an ideal budget, so you don’t break the bank.
- Property Evaluation: Landscape designers are trained to help evaluate the land to see what can actually grow there. Based on your available light, soil consistency, and how much attention your plants need, they can help you find the perfect options.
- Industry Connections: Once you have everything planned out with your designer, it will be time to find the right landscape architect. Having a professional with experience in the field and community allows you to get their best recommendations to ensure the project goes as smoothly as possible.
- Construction Design & Planning: After all the initial preparation, you two can work together to develop a sustainable garden and more. They help effectively create your dreams while taking into consideration the ecosystem.
Why Should You Hire a Landscape Architect?
It’s one thing to be able to design a landscaping project. It’s another thing to get it done, which is where your landscape architect comes in. Hiring a landscape architect is one of the best options when thinking of building out your property project. Their professional experience and knowledge will be well worth the cost of hiring. You could attempt to do these things yourself, but without prior knowledge and knowhow, it has the potential to last only one season. There are many factors to consider because of how finicky plant life can be when it doesn’t get the right amount of shade, light, and water. You also have to take into consideration how well they play with other plants. Below are some more reasons you should hire a landscape architect firm when building your landscaping dreams:
- Accreditation: Landscaping architects must have years of schooling from a college accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and have completed their degree along with a licensing. Having this type of education gives them better insight and knowledge for your project to ensure its proper completion.
- Add Value to Your Home: These types of projects, while making your life more vibrant, also help add value to your home when it comes time to sell. Make it is in the right hands, so you can get the most of the project when you decide to move on to a new home.
- Knowledge of Plant Life: Having studied a multitude of different plant life, they know which ones can be planted next to each other and which wouldn’t be a good match. They can also help determine if the plant you want is a good fit for your space or if you need to pivot your direction.
- Save You Money: Landscape architects can also help save you monthly by reducing your monthly bills with carefully placed trees. Getting this needed shade can help you not expend as much energy and give you better control of the thermostat.
- Build Beautiful Structures: While a landscape designer can help plan, the architects help bring them to life and can even expound upon your initial ideas. Adding a water feature goes a long way to help create the ambiance you’re seeking.
- Adequate Irrigation Systems: If you are known for killing plants but still want a pretty patio, garden, or natural exterior design, an architect can help. They can build an easy-to-use irrigation system to ensure they get all the water they need efficiently.
Call Bellantoni Landscape for Help with Property Projects
While often mistaken for the same service, these two professions go hand-in-hand. Bellantoni Landscape can offer you both services to grant you all the benefits mentioned above and safeguard you from having a less than stellar landscape. We have helped residents in the White Plains, NY area since 1963 and bring our experience as well as the proper tools to get your job done so you can enjoy a wonderful walk around your property. Contact us today to begin the process with our landscape designers and allow our landscape architects to bring it to life!